Thursday, July 10, 2014

Updates

Sorry to be away, guys. Life, as always, is chaotic in all it's ways, and I've not had time to respond. 

First off, some housecleaning.

You've probably noticed the new name and description. As stated, with age comes maturity, and this blog has to reflect on that. When I first started this blog, it was known as "Life of a Christian Preteen". Then it was "Life of a Christian Teenager". But I hope to keep this blog going as long as I can keep it, even with the infrequent updates. And I'll be an adult soon. So I have to prepare for that. The name, "A Door to the Light" comes from the video game "Kingdom Hearts". (Awesome series if you've never played it. HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for PS3) In it, Mickey Mouse, the King of Disney Castle (A world in the series), tells Donald and Goofy, "There will always be a door to the light." In a way, Christianity can be like that. The light is God, and the Door to the Light is Christ, as "no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." (John 14:6 KJV). But this quote has a meaning to me too. The light is always present; and no matter what, even if darkness has blinded you, there will always be that door to the light.

Secondly, this blog is going to have stuff. Not so much as updates, but my opinion on things. Expect a blog on a modern song that is one of my pet peeves to come soon. I might post game reviews too, and do music selections of the week. 

Alright, I think that's it for now. The next post will be about the song "Rude" by MAGIC, and why it's a pet peeve of mine.

Until later...

Nate 


(Also, shameless plug; I host a blog for a series that my awesome APUSH friends and I wrote. Come check it out; we're currently in the early beginnings of the third story: Descent into Darkness, written by yours truly. APUSH Stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment